- 4 Ovyta eggs
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- Grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian herbs
- Extra! tomatoes
- Extra! mushrooms
- Cut the top off your Kaiser roll and remove the inside crumb. Make sure that the resulting well is big enough and that the bottom remains intact.
- Take a few slices of bacon and lay them on the inside of your roll. Sprinkle some grated cheese over the bacon slices. Press everything down well so that the egg will have more space when you add it in the next step.
- Break your egg above the roll so that the yolk drops nicely into the roll.
- Sprinkle some more grated cheese on top.
- The rolls are now ready to be placed in the oven.
- Bake the rolls for about 10 to 15 minutes at 200°C until golden brown.
- Then cover the rolls with foil and bake them for another 15 minutes or so. The egg will continue to cook, but the rolls will not turn a darker shade of brown.